Information about the law
Many legal organizations provide information about particular areas of law and the court system:
- Clicklaw provides information to help people identify legal problems, find legal assistance and advice, learn about the justice system and obtain information about law reform in British Columbia.
- The Legal Services Society of BC provides information about legal aid in BC, including: legal information, advice and representation services, free publications and links to other legal resources, and resources for lawyers and community workers. The Legal Services Society also provides information about
Family Law in BC.
- Clicklaw provides legal information online.
- The People's Law School provides publications about various areas of law, in many languages.
- The Supreme Court Self-Help and Information Centre is a drop-in centre near the Vancouver courthouse where staff members can help you find legal information about court procedure and law.
- The Dial-a-Law telephone service of the Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch) has a collection of recorded messages on a variety of law topics.
- The Justice Education Society of BC provides education about BC's justice and court system:
- The Canadian Judicial Council's website provides information about Canada's justice system.