British Columbia Judicial Law Clerk Program
†Application Process For Clerkship Positions for 2018-2019 Term
The Posting sets out the Job Qualifications and Application Requirements and provides information on how to apply.
A full description of the accountabilities and qualifications for the judicial law clerk position is set out in the Judicial Law Clerk Job Profile.
Applications for judicial law clerk positions for the 2018 - 2019 term will be accepted from January 2, 2017 until 2:00 p.m. PST on Thursday, January 19, 2017.
See the detailed application requirements outlined in the Posting. Your application must include the items listed below. Do not submit writing samples as they will not be read.
1. A cover letter (submitted via the BC Public Service Job Opportunity website);
2. A resume (submitted via the BC Public Service Job Opportunity website);
3. Completed online questionnaire (completed on the BC Public Service Job Opportunity website)
IMPORTANT: The online questionnaire on the BC Public Service Job Opportunity website cannot be saved and will time out after 60 minutes. You will need to complete the questionnaire and submit your application within 60 minutes or you will lose any information you have entered. If you require more time to prepare your responses, copy the questions and prepare your responses outside of the system and paste them into the online questionnaire when you are ready to apply. Further instructions are provided in the questionnaire.
4. Copies of the official transcripts of your law school, undergraduate and postgraduate marks should be included as part of your resume package.(Administrative transcripts can be substituted if official transcripts are not yet available.Emailupdated official transcripts directly to email@example.com;
5. Two reference letters (referees to email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.) Your two referees must include one law professor.
First Round of Interviews:† February 6 - 24, 2017
Those applicants selected for a first interview will be interviewed by the courtsí legal counsel during the period February 6 - 24, 2017. The interviews are conducted in Vancouver at the Vancouver Law Courts, in Victoria at the University of Victoria Law School, and by telephone for other out-of-town applicants. Not all applicants will be interviewed.†
Second Round of Interviews:† March 6 - 10, 2017
A second round of interviews for those applicants shortlisted after the first round of interviews will take place in Vancouver during the week of March 6 - 10, 2017.† The second round interviews are conducted by a panel of judges. Applicants for the Court of Appeal will be interview by a panel of Court of Appeal judges; applicants for the Supreme Court will be interviewed by a panel of Supreme Court judges.